The Brogdon Firm, based in the greater Atlanta area, has always put the interest of our clients first across a number of practice areas: accidents, professional negligence, rights violations, shootings and assaults, and wrongful death.
While you can always benefit from the expertise of legal representation, some cases are simple and people can solve them on their own.
Unfortunately, the aftermath of any of these situations is never easy. However, when determining how you would like to handle the outcome you deserve, you have options. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of hiring a personal injury lawyer for your case.
Pros of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer Case
- A personal injury attorney understands the process (save time, medical treatment). Most injury cases are not seen in court and settlements can never replace the pain or long term injury you’ll experience. So when you hire a personal injury attorney for your case, they are specialized in this area and are committed to helping you save time during these trying moments. Also, our medical treatment is key to getting you back to normal, mentally and physically. Your personal injury attorney can get you medical attention immediately so you can start recovery while they handle your case.
- A personal injury attorney improves your chances. Insurance companies will do everything they can to pay as little as possible. A personal injury attorney knows the value of your injury case and can help determine if it’s necessary to go to trial if the settlement offer is not up to standard for what you’ve experienced and may continue to experience.
- Personal injury attorneys are motivated. Nothing motivates the best outcome for your case more than a personal injury attorney that is motivated by justice, moral good, and fair compensation. The right personal injury attorney will take your case seriously and fight for you to get the results you deserve.
- Personal injury attorneys protect you. After an unexpected car accident, troubling civil rights experience or even devastating negligence incident – it’s hard to know who is on your side and the best decisions to make for your situation. Every case is different and a personal injury attorney understands that when they represent you. When the insurance company tries to sway you, a personal injury will protect your interests.
Now that you see the pros of hiring a personal injury lawyer for your case, here’s some insight on the cons.
Cons of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case
- The cost of a personal injury attorney is not always affordable. Hiring a personal injury attorney for your case can be costly. There are various legal fees associated with handling a case, settling a case and potentially taking it to court. Fighting for the best outcome requires a number of human hours. Of course, the price will depend on the personal injury lawyer that you choose and how complex your case is. But it’s more than possible for you to make a plan for these costs and not owe in the end if you end up with a positive settlement.
- Minor incidents may not need a personal injury attorney. Yes, you were in a car accident and endured some bruising; however, the case may not be valuable enough for you to pay a lawyer. Make sure to get a free case review or consultation in order to not lose money, waste time, and add stress because of a limited outcome or possibly not outcome at all.
- Inexperienced attorneys could hurt your case. If you don’t do your research or ask the right questions, you could choose a lawyer that doesn’t specialize in injury cases or simply doesn’t have the experience to get you the best outcome. They may end up giving you bad advice or rushing to get an outcome that doesn’t suit what you’ve been through. Review some qualifying questions below to ask a personal injury attorney if you’re thinking about hiring for your case.
What Should I Ask Before Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Do you only charge a fee if there is recovery or settlement?
- What kind of cases do you handle on a recurring basis?
- Do you try cases in court?
- Meet the team. What staff members would be taking care of my case?
- How long have you been handling personal injury cases?
At The Brogdon Firm, we are happy to answer these questions so you feel confident that you’re hiring a personal injury firm that can get your case a strong outcome.The decision to hire a personal injury attorney is not always front of mind after unforeseen circumstances; however, there are a number of steps you should take before speaking with an insurance company without representation.
Let us take a look at your case in Atlanta, GA and how we can help. Schedule a free consultation and case review with us today.